What is a Lamination?
Electrical steel, also called lamination steel, silicon electrical steel, silicon steel, relay steel or transformer steel, is specialty steel tailored to produce certain magnetic properties, such as a small hysteresis area (small energy dissipation per cycle, low core loss) and high permeability.
Electrical steel is coated to increase electrical resistance between laminations, reducing eddy currents, to provide resistance to corrosion or rust, and to act as a lubricant during die cutting. There are various coatings, organic and inorganic, and the coating used depends on the intended use application. Sotek applies C5 & C6 coatings when required.
We offer Laser Cut Laminations when applicable to lower volumes and prototypes. We also offer Stamped Laminations and Tooling Manufacture and Maintenance when higher volume laminations make financial sense.
- Lamination Stacking and assembly by welding, riveting, cleating, bonding, etc
- Finger Plates
- Vent Plate manufacture assembly and assembly
- Stator lamination
- Rotor lamination
- Armature lamination
- Shaft manufacture and assembly
- Whole Laminations up to 48-inch diameter
- CNC machine parts to support the entire process including spacers, plates, threads,
- Segmented Laminations for any diameter
- Pole Laminations
Contact Sotek for more information about quality laminations and assembly services.